Sunday, January 13, 2008

Funky Chunky Dishcloth

Funky Chunky Dishcloth

Size 6.5mm needles

Hold 2 strands of worsted weight dishcloth cotton together at all times throughout the pattern.

Cast on 20 sts

Knit 5 rows

Row 1 - k1, *yo, k2tog*, rep until last stitch and k1

Row 2 - and every even row

Row 3 - K1, *k2tog, yo*, rep until last stitch and k1

Repeat these 3 rows until cloth is just shy of the length you desire, then:

Knit 5 rows and bind-off.

When I did my bind-off row, when I got to my last two stitches I made a 2 stitch i-cord for a hanging loop, this is certainly optional, but it does finish it off nicely.

When the i-cord was the length I wanted I picked up the 2 stitches I started the i-cord with & I then did a 3 needle bind-off.

You probably don't want to block this, but you can certainly stretch & pull it into shape, that way all the neat holes will open up nicely!

* ©2008 Sherri Barrett ~ She Knits Too site and all it’s content, including patterns, pictures, graphics and text are the property of ‘Sherri Barrett ~ She Knits Too’. All rights reserved. Patterns are available for personal use only. No unauthorized reproduction, in whole or in part, or distribution of patterns or site content, including text, graphics, pictures, or logos is allowed. No commercial reproduction of items from ‘Sherri Barrett ~ She Knits Too’ allowed without prior permission from ‘Sherri Barrett ~ She Knits Too’.