Monday, March 19, 2007

SP10 Answers

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, or similar type yarns! I dislike nylon yarns and froo-froo-y yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Tall vase for straights, circs are hung, dpn's in shorter vase.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I statrted knitting in grade school, I guess I'm advanced-intermediate-ish ... I started to REALLY crochet in August of 2005, after my Nana passed away, I wanted to learn for her.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but there are lots of thins I'd like ;-)
5. What's your favorite scent?
Lilacs & lily of the valley.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Not a big sweet/candy eater.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
No, I don't spin ... I tried and it wasn't for me. I like to make things, whether it is knit/crochet, cooking or building with wood!!!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes I can play MP3s, I like a real variety of stuff, from what's popular now to the classics.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love periwinkle, purples & softer pinks, blues, sage green, naturals ... not overly fond of mustards or pumpkin shades.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, 3 kids & 1 kitty.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves - yes
Hats - sometimes
Mittens - certainly
Ponchos - no thank you ... but I would wear a wrap/stole
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Top down sweaters/cardigans and socks!
13. What are you knitting right now?
A couple of sweaters/cardigans, socks and a few other things - lol
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
sure, who doesn't?!?!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Addi circs!! Although ... I'd like to try the KnitPicks options needles!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder but no swift :-(
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmmm, a pair of socks that I started in the summer ... you know, it's the SSS!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Any holiday I can spend with my family
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I don't really collect anything :-(
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I'd like to get the rest of the Barbara Walker Books, I have a couple already.
I want to replace all my circs with Addis!
Maybe get a set of KnitPicks options needles since I hear they have wonderful points on them!
I'd also like to get some blocking pins & whetever you're supposed to use for blocking since I eventually want to try knitting lace.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits & Creative Knitting
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
There is ALWAYS something new to learn ... and I have yet to knit lace!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am! Ummm, I've never taken my foot measurments nor have I made myself a pair of socks ... but I wear a ladies 8.5/9 (Euro 40) and I have a narrow foot.
23. When is your birthday?
August :-)