Monday, September 17, 2007

No-More-Humdrum Mittens Swap Questionnaire

How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I started knitting as a child, my maternal Grandmother (Nana) knit, crocheted, tatted ... you name it, anyway, then I took a class in it in grade school and made slippers for myself ... I knit on and off thru school but started seriously knitting again in my 20's.

Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Well, I would tell people that I am intermediate, but my knitting friends totally disagree and tell me I'm more advanced - lol

What are your favorite colors? Any you dislike? I love periwinkle, pinks, blues, black, purples ... not a big fan of oranges and some yellows, but other than that, I guess I like everything

Do you like Latvian type patterns? If so, what are your favorite patterns? I love looking at Latvian type patterns, although I have never actually tried knitting a pair ... I do like those stripey Smitten Mittens by Misson Falls too!

Do you desire mittens for yourself, your "special someone else" or your child? For me please! I need something to keep my hands toasty at the ice rink!

What other things do you enjoy knitting? I like knitting everything, although I've never attempted knitting a slipcover & I can't foresee that being overly enjoyable - lol

What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum) I LOVE Addi circs, although I have been told I should try the new KnitPicks needles.

What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make? I suppose cables ... I've done faux cables, but I haven't made anything major with real cables ... and lace, I have yet to do real lace knitting with lace weight yarn.

What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with? Cashmere, alpaca, silk.

What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? No, I don't spin, I tried but just couldn't figure it out. Sew? Yes! Garden? Yes Cook? Yes

Besides yarn, do you collect anything? Horses, but not normal ones - lol - I have a hand carved one from the Canaries & a brass one that looks romanesque and a carosel horse

What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Milk chocolate (no nuts or fruit, just plain chocolate) Salty? salt & malt vinegar snacks

Anything you hate or are allergic to? musk or very heavy strong scents

Do you have any kids? 3 kidlets - 1 girl (13), 2 boys (almost 9 and almost 6) Pets? 1 cat & 2 dwarf robo hamsters

What is your favorite part of Winter? big puffy snowflakes, sitting by the fire (knitting), making snowangels and sledding with the kids

What is your least favorite part of Winter? icy front steps, sidewalks & roads